Engage in Creative Conversation
Tired of asking your kids “So, honey, how was your day?” and getting zilch in response?
Q4KIDZ is a new free service from ParentsTogether, designed to help families have better
It is super simple: each day, you will receive a creative question by text or email to ask your kids. Questions like: “If you could give your belly button a function, what would you make it do?”or “If you could do any kind act for a stranger, what kind act would you do?” But this service is about much more than just asking questions. Engaging kids in imaginative conversation enhances their creativity and problem solving skills, and talking with kids about emotions helps build their emotional and social intelligence. With Q4KIDZ, you have an amazing tool at your fingertips that makes talking with your kids a little bit easier and a whole lot more fun. Want to give it a try? Here are 10 great questions to ask on your next long car ride. They all certainly beat the most dreaded car question of all…“Are we there yet?”
1. The doctor says you have to move your eyes to a different
location on your body, where
would you move them? Why?
2. If you could build a house out of any material, other than the usual ones, what would it
be and why?
3. If you had to be connected to another person for a
week, like conjoined twins, who would
you attach to and where?
4. If you could choose to read one person’s mind, who would it be?
5. What is the first memory that you have?
6. If you had to spend a summer living with a family from
a book or movie, with which
family would you choose to live and why?
7. The government asks you to design a new kind of money
(not “dollars”). What does it
look like? What do you call it?
8. With which famous person would you like to ride a roller coaster? How come?
9. Where would you like to get locked in overnight (muse
um, store, school, etc.)? What
would you do?
10. If you could add one room to your home, what kind
of room would it be and what would
you put in it?
ParentsTogether is a new, nonprofit parent organization. Our mission is to help all families thrive by creating useful tools and resources, providing parent connections and fostering more community among families. In addition to receiving a daily question, parents will also receive occasional updates about important issues affecting children and families. Sign up on line to start receiving daily questions or text Q11 to 30644. ParentsTogether will never charge for mobile updates, but your carrier’s message and data rates may apply. To learn more about ParentsTogether, visit www.parents-together.org.