Chico Creek Nature Center Ice Cream Social
Wave a final goodbye to summer and chill out with the Chico Area Recreation and Park District (CARD) and enjoy free ice cream, meet some animals, and play games with friends at the Chico Creek Nature Center Ice Cream Social, located at 1968 E 8th St, Chico, CA 95928, on Saturday, September 10 from 12 P.M. to 3 P.M. This is a free community event, and all are invited!
We’ll start the afternoon off with festivities in the Chico Creek Nature Center outdoor play area including:
• Fork in the Road food trucks The Lab Street Eats and The Knot Haus will have delicious lunch options available for purchase
• Bounce Houses
• Face painting by Funny Faces
• Arts and Crafts hosted by the Chico Creek Nature Center
• Carnival games with great prizes
• Free ice cream scoops from Shubert’s Ice Cream and Candy
At 1 P.M. and 2 P.M., we’ll move indoors to the Chico Creek Nature Center Living Animal Museum where Naturalists will hold two sessions of Meet our Animals. Join us as we bring out various animals and discuss adaptations and survival skills in the wild. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet each animal including snakes, rabbits, toads, a tortoise and so much more! Space is limited in each session and sign-ups will occur on the day of the event! So come early and spend the day with CARD!