If happy dogs bring a smile to your face, don’t miss the annual Bidwell Bark Fun Run & Festival, the biggest community fundraising event of the year for Butte Humane Society. Thousands of two- and four-legged family members will gather on September 28 in Lower Bidwell Park for an action-packed celebration of pets and the people who love them. All proceeds go directly to Butte Humane Society to help more animals in our community.
The day kicks off with a dog-friendly 5K Fun Run or 2K walk (your choice) through Bidwell Park under a soaring canopy of trees alongside cool, inviting Big Chico Creek. Running enthusiasts will appreciate the gentle, flat USATF certified 5K course, and chipped timing provided by Under the Sun Events.
Back at Sycamore Field, a wide variety of festivities await:
- From the Dog Fun Zone to the Kid’s Activity Zone to family-friendly live music on the stage, the festival will feature tons of games and activities for furry friends and kids of all ages.
- Enjoy a Bagel Breakfast featuring fresh-baked bagels from Brooklyn Bridge Bagel Works, accompanied by fresh fruit, coffee and juice. Breakfast is free for registrants who raise at least $25, or un-registered members of the public can purchase a breakfast ticket.
- Don’t miss the ever-popular Dog Costume Contest, with prizes awarded such as Most Crafty, Most Aww-inspiring, Best Dog/Owner Duo, and Best in Show.
- Kids and dogs alike will love the trained dog demonstrations to be held in the Sierra Nevada Demonstration Ring.
- Be sure to check out our Silent Auction featuring quality items from Butte Humane Society and our event sponsors and partners – 100% of all proceeds benefit Butte Humane Society.
- Many fine pet-related vendors, community businesses and partner organizations will be on-hand to provide information, goods, services and FUN!
Raise Money, Help Animals, Earn Prizes!
Register online for Bidwell Bark at www.bidwellbark.com or you can pick up a brochure at any Butte Humane Society facility or mobile event. Registration is FREE!
Once you register, you’ll get your own Bidwell Bark webpage to share with friends and family, and you can also form a team to participate in the event and raise funds together. It’s a great way to encourage social interaction, perform meaningful community service, fundraise creatively, and work together for a more compassionate community. Clubs and businesses who form a Bidwell Bark team and actively fundraise will also be highlighted in Butte Humane Society’s social media to further encourage interaction and community support for animals in need.
Our online tools make it easy to customize your personal and team webpages, import your contacts and send emails, take donations online and track all donations you collect. Last year, our community raised a tremendous $85,000 for Butte Humane Society during Bidwell Bark. This year we’re aiming higher, with a goal of $112,000. Help raise donations for animals in need, and for every fundraising level you reach, you’ll earn nifty prizes for all your hard work – from T-shirts to the top-level iPad!
The top individual and team fundraisers will get even more prizes, a feature spot in an upcoming issue of Butte Humane Society’s quarterly newsletter The Companion, and the coveted Leader of the Pack front-row starting position at the Bidwell Bark fun run. A team “Spirit Stick Trophy” will also be awarded at the event to the team demonstrating the most spirit, enthusiasm, style, and visible commitment to helping animals.
Learn more and register today at BidwellBark.com. Butte Humane Society’s work is made possible by your donations ~ help us ensure homeless animals get another chance at a happy, healthy life! By working together, we can raise awareness, support, and truly make a difference in the lives of animals in our community.
Bidwell Bark Fun Run & Festival
When: September 28, 8 am – 12 pm
Where: Sycamore Field at One Mile Recreation Area, Bidwell Park, Chico CA
Why: Have fun and help our community raise $112,000 for animals in need
Registration and More Information: online at BidwellBark.com or at BHS facilities or events