Bidwell Bark is back! Chico’s largest pet-friendly family event of the year is coming up on September 27, when thousands of human and canine participants unite in Lower Bidwell Park for an action-packed celebration of pets and the people who love them. The day begins with a youth- and dog-friendly 5K Fun Run or 2K Walk under the trees alongside Big Chico Creek. Running enthusiasts will appreciate the separate start time, gentle USATF certified 5K course, and chipped timing by Under the Sun Events. Increased age and gender division prizes will be awarded for top 5K finishers, from under-10 to 70+ males and females, plus top overall male, female, and dog awards.Festival admission is free, but anyone wishing to earn incentive gifts or participate in the walk or run must register early at BidwellBark.com. Registration is FREE! You may also register as a “Lazy Dog / Cat Napper” if you opt not to run or walk. At Sycamore Field, a wide variety of festivities await:
• The Dog Fun Zone and Kids Activity Zone are filled with interactive games and activities for pups and kids of all ages.
• Enjoy a Bagel Breakfast featuring fresh-baked bagels from Brooklyn Bridge Bagel Works, with fresh fruit, coffee and organic juice. Breakfast is $5, or free for registrants who raise at least $25.
• Don’t miss the Dog Costume Contest, with prizes for the Most Crafty, Most Aww-inspiring, Best Dog/Owner Duo, and Best in Show.
• Kids and dogs alike will love the trained dog demonstrations held in the Sierra Nevada Demonstration Ring.
• Shop the Bidwell Bark Boutique featuring quality pet items from Butte Humane Society and event partners, including last-minute gear for the Dog Costume Contest.
• Many more vendors, community businesses and partner organizations will be providing information, goods, services, food and FUN!
Raise Money, Help Animals, Earn Prizes!Participants may register individually or start a team. Teams are a great way to encourage social interaction, perform meaningful community service, fundraise creatively, and work together for a more compassionate community. Clubs and businesses who form a Bidwell Bark team and actively fundraise will be highlighted in Butte Humane Society’s social media to promote community support and visibility. Your Participant Center at BidwellBark.com makes it easy to customize your personal and team webpages, import contacts and send emails, take donations online and track all donations you collect. Besides the reward of knowing you are directly helping local animals, we’re offering fun prizes for every fundraising level you reach. From event T-shirts to backpack coolers to a custom-painted pet portrait, eight levels of prizes await you at Bidwell Bark!